Introduction—Dirt Has No Friend
Just when you think you are getting the perfect medicating session, ripping a great pull out of your pipe, an air of dirt settles all around you. Occasionally, you pause in between series of pulls trying to digest what is amiss. Finally, you saw it as your eyes become accustomed to the setting around you, and you didn’t like what you are seeing. You feel your “smoking day out” is ruined—because your bong is looking like a war-torn Syria. The next thought that comes to mind is, “how to clean a bong!”
You would have wanted it to be a question, but because you know dirt has no friend, even your bong have to feel safe from its grips. So, immediately, you start hatching the best plans to equalize. To you, this is the first, and must be the last time; nothing ever will interrupt and ruin your smoking again!
Enter the bong cleaning process.
Why You Deserve Clean Bong?
Aside from making your smoking taste like the soothing fragrance of CBD, a tidy-looking bong helps in preserving health. You’re indirectly welcoming potential respiratory infections if you agree to cope with a dirty bong. Such infections will ruin many sessions in the long run. Worst still, they further expose you to the risk of contracting lung infections. You already know how terrible this kind of news can turn out to be for smokers. Believe me; you don’t want to be one unfortunate patient. So, let’s join in the queue of people seeking the best way to clean a bong.
When Do I Need To Clean My Bong?
Good question, buddy! Now, arm yourself with the best bong cleaning tools and techniques and deploy to the frontlines in below outcomes:
- If you notice a massive buildup of resin.
- Inside the bong, if you start seeing the slimy film.
- If the water in the bong changes color is brown, and project woeful smell.
- If the bong’s resin contains a visible, white or grey mold fuzz.
- If there are white or black dot specks on the walls of the pipe.
Tools And Methods For Cleaning Your Bong
The tools you are going to use in cleaning your bong will depend on the cleaning technique/method you adopt.
For example, if you are thinking to clean bong with vinegar, below are the tools you will need:
- A clean, sink basin
- Baking soda or coarse salt
- Pipe cleaner
- Cork, cotton, or fabric to plug the stem
- Rubbing vinegar
- Plastic gloves
The same requirements also apply to those looking for bong cleaning with alcohol.
How to clean a bong without chemicals?
If your plan to clean your bong doesn’t involve the use of chemical substances, then it can only mean one thing—water only.
If you are cleaning with water only, then these are what you will need:
- Get a saucepan that is large enough as such that it can hold the whole bong
- Get water that is purified
- A cup of lemon juice will suffice
- Get pipe cleaners
- Get microfiber cloths or paper towels
How To Clean Your Bong Using Water Only?
When it comes to cleaning a bong with water only, it also means bong cleaning with household items. Yes, the majority of the items you are going to use will come from within the house. This will include a good number of your home appliances like a saucepan, heating or cooking stove, and more.
Here are the steps you need to take when cleaning with water only.
- First, get the saucepan and fill in water to about 3/4ths level. Ensure that the water is purified.
- Get the water to boil on a cooking or heating surface. As the water starts boiling, get your lemon juice and add it. Bring the heat down to medium/low until the boil turns into a simmer.
- Then, slowly and carefully dip your bong completely in the water/lemon solution, allowing it to simmer for about 30 minutes. Ensure every part of the bong is totally submerged in the water/lemon solution, or it will crack if even a small piece of it is exposed to the air.
- After the 30-minute mark has elapsed, completely drain the water and get the towels and pipe cleaners to wipe clean every area of the bong.
Cleaning Your Bong With Alcohol Or Vinegar
The use of alcohol and vinegar are the most popular of all the bong-cleaning methods.
If you are wondering about bong cleaning with baking soda, then this method should be of interest to you as well.
Here is it:
- Put on your gloves and ensure the area you have good ventilation.
- Take out every removable part of your bong.
- Get warm water and rinse each part of the bong.
- Pour the baking soda or salt into the bong.
- Fill the bong with vinegar, if using baking soda, or with alcohol, if using the coarse salt. (Take note that, as the baking soda encounter the vinegar, it will bubble.)
- Use the cotton, fabric or cloth to plug the stem and tube.
- While ensuring every hole is thoroughly plugged, shake the bong vigorously for more than five times.
- Get the sink drain plugged, and fill up the basin with either of coarse salt and alcohol or baking soda and vinegar.
- Bury the bong inside the solution.
- Leave it there in the solution to soak for minutes or even hours, depending on the nature of dirt it has accumulated.
- First drain solution then grabs the pipe cleaners to start scrubbing the interior and crevices of the bong.
- Use hot water to rinse every piece of the bong.
The 6 Grand Commandments
While you are still searching for the best solutions to clean your bong, remember that bongs come in different designs. Of course, you need to maintain your bong regularly to keep it in top form. First, you need to understand the 6 grand commandments regarding keeping your bong in good shape.
- Remember to clean your bong regularly.
- Thou shall only use eco-friendly cleaning solutions.
- Thou shall not use dangerous chemicals.
- Thou shall not procrastinate your care for me (else, I shall never be the same again).
- Thou shall not smoke any “reclaimed” resin (because I will not be liable when you get ‘high’ like Mount Everest).
- Remember to be consistent and be sober in all thy smoking…(for there is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof….you say the rest).
Now you know you can keep your bong good all the time and remain safe and healthy. The hitch here is being consistent in taking care of your bong, and you won’t have any problems, even if you don’t know bong cleaning with rice.