Takeaway: Having appropriate accessories are of great importance while smoking a blunt! There are many accessories available in the market today from being as simple as Rolling Trays to tech devices like E-nail. It does not matter whichever device floats your boat, what is significant is that choosing a great accessory can enhance your experience. This article throws light on all the common accessories that are used nowadays!
One of the best ways to enhance your smoking experience is to make sure you have the right accessories necessary to fully enjoy each and every session. While the “right” accessories will vary depending on your unique needs, goals and preferences, this guide will help you explore some of the best tried and true classics that will no doubt help improve your experience with your favorite green herb.
Rolling trays are an excellent accessory that help you set up, organize and prep for rolling a perfect “J” or blunt. It can be easy to lose track of things or accidentally drop some of your herb, especially if you’re using a grinder to add a little bit “extra” to your roll.
Rolling trays can:
- Hold your rolling papers
- Provide you with a place to store filters
- Catch dropped or spilled herb
- Give you one place to store multiple items
- Come in different sizes: from mini for a more discrete experience to larger sizes for more storage
Rolling trays also come in a variety of styles to showcase your personality or provide a theme to your smoking accessories.
When it comes to dabbing, achieving a consistent and reliable temperature is critical for the best experience. Too cold and your dab will gather at the bottom of the nail, too hot and you’ll burn off terpenes and cannabinoids causing waste and a less robust flavor.
This makes the e-nail a must-have accessory. E-nails can be made from a variety of materials, each of which has its own unique set of benefits and best use cases, and come in both “smart” and traditional styles.
Technology is everywhere these days, and e-nails are just one of the ways in which smokers are incorporating tech into their smoking sessions. The Puffco Peak, for example, offers many features that make using an e-nail easier.
Smart E-nails Often Incorporate Features Such as:
- Pre-set temperatures to eliminate any guesswork
- Social sharing and community features
- Automatic adjustments to temperature based on how hot the bowl is
- Smart app integration for easy adjustment of settings for each use
- And more…
Traditional e-nails are made from quartz, titanium, ceramic, and more, and come in both dome and dome-less styles.
There are many important factors to consider with your e-nail such as:
- Temperature – An e-nail that is not properly heated will not give off the proper amount or combination of vapor. Instead, the dab will pool around the bottom. If the e-nail is too hot, your dab will scorch, leaving a bad taste and a bad smell lingering behind. Not to mention you’ll end up burning off cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Heating technology – Instead of relying on butane for manual heating, an e-nail uses a coil. As it relates to heating coils, temperatures can often be adjusted with the push of a button, and many e-nails offer digital temperature readouts.
- E-nails can operate on limited power for a long time and do a lot of the work for you.
- It is important to always be around the e-nail when it is in operation, as accidents can happen with pets or children if you are not paying attention.
- Many e-nails are reliant on electrical outlets, meaning they may not be convenient to take outside of the house for long periods of time.
E-nails offer many benefits in terms of temperature regulation, but if you don’t plan to be present the entire time the e-nail is in operation, you may want to consider other alternatives to avoid a potential fire hazard.
Ashtrays as Accessories
Let’s face it, the ashtray is not often considered a glamorous accessory. It is, however, a necessary one. Today, though, many ashtrays can be found that will match the theme of your accessories and come loaded with features that go beyond just catching ash.
Ashtrays come in many fun designs, while still serving the functional purpose of catching the ashes while you smoke. You can find ashtrays in metal, silicone, plastic, and other durable materials.
Some ashtrays, known as debowlers, combine two functions into one. This ashtray has a large poker in the middle that can be used to clean out your bowl. That way, you do not have to keep track of a separate poker.
Other Smoking Accessories
There are many other smoking accessories to consider, as well. You can use this guide as a checklist to make sure you have all the essentials the next time you light up.
- Lighters – If you are not using an e-nail, or you want to smoke out of papers, a lighter is an essential, yet overlooked accessory. Maybe you have a lighter with a favorite design on it, or one that represents your favorite band.
- Papers – When doing DIY rolling, it is important to keep a good stock of papers on hand. Some papers have pre-roll options, while others come flat. They can also be made from different materials, such as hemp.
- Grinders – Working with your own herb means that you may need to grind it up. Always keep a grinder on hand for these situations.
- Rollers – If you have issues rolling manually, or just want to achieve a tighter roll on the go, a roller can help you stabilize your papers. Using a rolling pin, this device holds and rolls your papers for you.
- Storage – You will need a discrete, portable container to store your grinder, herb, and other accessories in. Some options, such as Hemper’s The Keeper, offer a 3-in-1 solution that keeps herb and grounds separate, while also providing a grinder.
- Dab tools – Dab tools help you to get your concentrate into your device.
- Batteries – With an e-nail, you may want to consider keeping an extra charged battery or two on hand.
- Odor eliminators – If you do not want to advertise that you are smoking, a good odor eliminator can help you mask the smell.
Finding the Perfect Smoking Accessories
Whether you participate in recreational or medicinal smoking, having the perfect lineup of accessories can go a long way in enhancing your experience. If you’re unsure of what you need, smoking accessories also come in handy “essential” kits, jam-packed with all the necessities.